Thursday, July 29, 2010

Manchester City signing David Silva



Silva comes from a sunny island Gran Canaria and is relaxing there in the heat before he joins up with his new Manchester City team-mates on Monday. The “issue” is if he can handle England’s cold winters lol… well he’s not made from sugar and human body can adapt to anyhing so there will be no problem I think.
The £24million Spain winger claims it will not be a problem: “I know that the weather in Manchester is different than Valencia or the Canaries,” he said. “But I’m coming to Manchester to play football in a great team, not for sunbathing or going to the beach!” Silva’s City debut will be against his old club Valencia at Easlend on August 7 and he is thrilled to be meeting his former team-mates so soon.
“It will be a nice start, won’t it?” said Silva, who has scored on his two previous games in England against City and Chelsea. “I enjoyed my time with Valencia so it’s great that my old club could also be my first home game. “I’m here to create and score goals and hopefully I can do both. What I’m looking forward to the most is playing in front of our fans.
“I’ve heard that City supporters are loyal, passionate and very brave. They shout and sing all the time and they have always supported the team, even through difficult times.
“I’m eager to experience that from inside the stadium and I’m excited by the challenge ahead for the team.”

Jamie Carragher: Torres will stay at Liverpool


Cesc torn over future

Gunners ace has mixed emotions over Barca interest


Arsenal captain Cesc Fabregas admits he is torn over his future with Barcelona eager to bring him back to the Catalan giants.

The Spain international left Camp Nou as a teenager to join the Gunners fearing he would be unable to break the club's talented first team.

Fabregas has grown and developed with the north Londoners into one of the world's best midfielders, prompting Barca`s interest.

The 23-year-old admits he is a Catalan at heart but that his commitment to Arsenal is not something he can simply disregard.

"I'm a Barca fan, I'm a socio, as is my grandfather, my uncle, my cousin... I have felt the colours from a young age, I'm Catalan," he told magazine DIR Emotions.

"However, I'm the captain of Arsenal, I'm a 'Gunner', and I have become a player there and matured as a person."

During that time, Fabregas has grown up under the tutelage of Arsene Wenger and he admits to a strong bond with his French boss.

"He is a second father for me, the most important person in my life after my father. He has behaved really well with me and taken me in like a son. I am part of his family," he said.

"He doesn't want me to leave. And in my last conversation with him in London, it was one of the most difficult moments I have experienced. I ended up very upset."

No comments:

Post a Comment